May 23, 2008

Do the right thing

This week has been all about lessons for me. After several days of eating a lot more cooked food than I had in the past month (I was limiting my cooked foods to condiments for the most part!) I am happy to get back to RAW. It was interesting to compare the differences in myself with cooked food after nearly a month of raw. To summarize what I noticed eating cooked again:
1. Not nearly as much energy. I have had a much harder time waking up in the morning, I haven't wanted to go to the gym at all this week or even take my dog for our usual 2 mile stroll around the lake.
2. Needing more sleep, not sleeping through the night, harder time falling asleep and waking up.
3. ACID INDIGESTION!!!! Need I say more?
4. Blood sugar highs and lows. On my former diet I experienced a lot of low blood sugar moments and had to eat every few hours. On RAW, I never experience low blood sugar and I'm amazed at how little I need to eat to sustain myself.
5. Less bowel movements- more bloated.
6. Body odor! Ok, I'm not smelly or anything but when I was eating all raw I stopped wearing deodorant most days but I can't skip it this week! I tried and it wasn't pretty : )

So I think eating cooked foods for a few days was good because it really reinforced why I'm doing this and that I'm doing the right thing! We need to love ourselves to love our bodies enough to love our food and DO THE RIGHT THING! EAT RAW!!
~Rose

No comments: