May 23, 2008

Poo Smoothie

Sorry I don't have a picture for this one but I don't think it would be pretty anyway! I have a new favorite green smoothie and I wanted to share the recipe!

Poo Smoothie (this name comes from the way it looks....just don't think about it too hard!)

2 healthy fistfulls of Kale
16 oz. Water
1 large or 2 medium sized Bananas
3 T raw sunflower seed butter (or other raw seed or nut butter)
2 T raw honey

Blend all in blender adding in as order listed. YUM!!
I find with Kale it can be really bitter so a lot of fruits just don't cut it but since bananas are soo sweet and the sunflower seed butter has a lot of texture it makes for a really tasty smoothie (not to mention lots of protein!) that just happens to look like, well, you know!

~Rose

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh!I must try :) I love kale and want to incorporate it into my diet a LOT more than I have. Maybe I will use cashew butter since I have it...