May 9, 2008

Introduction #2

Hello, I'm Erin, the other sister.
I recently had one of those "enough is enough" moments. After years of educating myself, eating "healthy" and taking supplements, I realized that what I was doing just wasn't cutting it. I had no energy and sleep problems, my hormones were out of whack, my thyroid and adrenals were still under functioning and I had just been diagnosed with low ferritin and macrocytic anemia- even though I was eating my greens, taking my iron and my B12. 
I felt like "what gives?!"-  I was doing all the right things and my body still wasn't responding! Talk about frustration! 
So, I decided that it was time to really start over from the ground up. Time to go raw. That was nearly three weeks ago and I haven't looked back. I was determined to do it, even if I was the only person I knew eating this way. Imagine my delight when when I called Rose to tell her, only to find out that she had also made the same choice. Things happen the way they're meant to. We had several excited phone pow-wow's and this blog is the result.
I can't say yet that my ills are gone or that I'm bursting with energy, but I know that regaining your health is a process that requires patience and, above all, kindness to yourself.
I have started to see some improvements, though.
On days when I don't get enough sleep, I can still function. I feel lighter and more at ease in my body. My dreams are more vivid and several of them have had important messages to tell me.
I will continue to share my thoughts and improvements and hopefully, some of you out there will be inspired by our stories and recipes. 
There's always a better way, and if you open your heart, you are sure to find it.

-Erin

No comments: