May 6, 2008

Easy as pie

I'm constantly surprised how easy it is so make good food when you have good ingredients. When you have raw ingredients, everything is good! I finally finished the last of a raw pie I made the other day. I call it a breakfast pie b/c it's really good for breakfast! I didn't measure anything so these are only estimates. The rawcipe is as follows (roughly):

Crust:
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup dried coconut
1/2 cup soaked raisins
2 T agave nectar
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt

mix and blend briefly, fit into pie pan

Topping:
10 strawberries sliced
1/2 mango sliced into small strips or squares (as long as they lay flat)

layer topping in crust. drizzle with additional agave nectar, sprinkle with coconut. EAT!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The fruit combo could be switched to whatever you have. I really just threw this together thinking "we'll see what happens!" and it turned out beautiful and delicious. I have been eating it for breakfast and it is so satisfying.

No comments: